Monday, September 3, 2012

Essay 3

The question for this essay was: Assuming that you think excellence is a good thing, write out a five-point action plan that describes how you are going to approach your career at the John Carroll School over the next four years.

My five-point action plan would allow me to be successful. I define success as: getting good grades, being involved in extra-curricular activities, and just being an all around good person. Step one toward my success at John Carroll would be to make good habits. I will try to get all of my homework done when I got home from school, and I would not procrastinate and study for tests even if they are not the next day. I will also try to make good relationships with my teachers so I can have a good school year, and not dread going to their class every day. Step two of my five-point action plan would be to get involved. I am already a member of the John Carroll band, and I plan to try out for the Tennis Team in the spring. Step three of my plan is to be outgoing. I will try to move out of my comfort zone, and to make friends outside of band or my classes. I will try to be a friendly person, so everyone enjoys my company. Number four to my action plan is to have fun. I will come in to John Carroll with a positive attitude, and always be ready to learn. Lastly, and the most important, number five is to do my best. I will always give 100 % effort in everything I do. I want to be remembered as someone who never gave up, even in the hardest of times. I want to be successful by being someone who can deliver a message to Garcia, or by being someone who fits the term arete. If I want to be successful at John Carroll, I need to be someone who cares.

1 comment:

  1. This is not only a terrific plan, it is worded very well. I am really looking forward to reading more of your writing this year, Matt. Keep up the great work! 25/25.

    ReplyDelete